Status: Full Time Exempt
Reports to: Director of Marketing
The Marketing Assistant is responsible for providing marketing and administrative support to the NJSO Marketing Department. This position reports to the Director of Marketing, as well as working closely with other team members in the department and with key personnel across the organization.
General Marketing Support (100%)
- Manage the production schedule for all graphic and digital design assets, printing, mailing and broadcast email for the NJSO, using Basecamp2 project management software.
- Coordinate distribution of proofs to multiple staff members and compile edits for the designer.
- Participate in audience development initiatives to grow future classical music patrons by coordinating the promotional and logistical efforts for NJSO College Nights, Young Professionals, #OrchestraYou and other NJSO Accent events.
- Manage relationship with third party online deal sites (Groupon, Travelzoo, etc.); implement promotions as directed and work with Patron Services to ensure accuracy of offer details.
- Coordinate the production and grassroots distribution of event flyers and posters.
- Assist with proofreading marketing materials as needed.
- Create and maintain a digital asset management system for the organization (photo and video archive).
- Post NJSO events on event schedule websites and social media outlets.
- Schedule, print and ensure delivery for program book inserts, to venue(s) and/or NJSO Operations personnel.
- Coordinate the scheduling and production of 3-sheet posters and facilitate the timely placement and removal of 3-sheets with venue partners.
- Organize the Concert Duty schedule for the department, including tracking fulfillment of comp-day eligibility.
- Facilitate delivery of NJSO program books to the NJPAC venue storage facility, ensuring that boxes are properly sorted and labeled by concert date and venue.
- Manage the inventory of business stationery, brochures and office supplies. Place Marketing department office-supply orders through the supply requisition system. Move boxes weighing up to 35lbs as needed and assist with recycling outdated materials regularly.
- Assist with the Direct Mail single ticket and acquisition campaigns by coordinating with the NJSO mailhouse on material delivery and mailing instructions.
- Update marketing direct-mail lists with stop-mail requests.
- Track bulk-mail and business reply postage permit accounts; ensure that funds are available for each mailing and permit fees are paid on time.
- Assist the Senior Manager of Public Relations & Communications with ongoing press clipping maintenance.
- Prepare and distribute to the team the marketing and renewal materials for the Information tables at each concert.
- Coordinate in-house marketing mailings by gathering and producing materials. Request assistance from staff for help with assembly, metering and delivery to postal pickup location.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings with direct supervisor and Marketing/Patron Services team. Lead the production schedule portion of the weekly team/sales meeting.
- Stock NJSO brochures at NJPAC lobby display areas. Package and ship brochures to other NJSO venues and distribution channels as needed/requested.
- Send FedEx packages for the department. Serve as backup for other departments when their FedEx representative is out of office.
- Provide assistance to the Patron Services department with subscription ticket mailings.
- Assist Marketing Manager with tracking value of in-kind services on an ongoing basis.
- Assist Director of Marketing with filing and reconciling invoices.
- Assist with various data entry projects and additional projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 1–2 years administrative experience in event marketing or advertising is required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to function effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and work well with shifting priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong aptitude in MS Word and Excel is required.
- Ability to navigate the internet and post detailed event information into online databases, including resizing images as required.
- Interest in nonprofit, performing arts and orchestral music and experience with project management tools preferred.
- Only candidates with the correct background will be contacted.
- Must be able to physically work in our Newark, NJ, office.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays; and provide own transportation to multiple NJSO performance venues.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits: NJSO offers a competitive salary and benefits package, but does not offer relocation.
Hours: Full time. Expectation is to work flexible business hours, between 8 am and 6 pm. Additional evenings and weekends are required, for concert duty in multiple locations throughout northern New Jersey and promotional onsales.
Mail or email resume and cover letter to:
Director of Marketing
New Jersey Symphony Orchestra
60 Park Place, Suite 900
Newark, NJ 07102
[email protected] (include "Marketing Assistant Position" in the subject line)
The New Jersey Symphony Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and values diversity, inclusion and equity in all forms.