NJSO Young Friends
Young adults between the ages of 21 and 40 can experience the best in arts and culture through the power of live symphonic music with the NJSO Young Friends membership program.
Join NJSO Young Friends for FREE today, and your membership will entitle you to the following:
- Special ticket pricing between $10 and $45
- No additional ticket fees
- A selection of some of the best seats in the house
- The opportunity to experience the Orchestra at any of the venues at which it performs across New Jersey
How to Join
- Click the Join Now button below.
- Select the NJSO Young Friends membership. It will cost $0.00. Please select your birth month and year.
- Log in or create an account to finish the membership registration.
You will receive an email confirmation that we have received your membership registration. Note: it may take up to two business days for the membership to become active on your account.
If you’ve registered but can’t yet access your online discount, call NJSO Patron Services at 1.800.ALLEGRO (255.3476) Monday–Friday from 10 am–5 pm. Please reference that you are a member of the Young Friends program when ordering by phone.
Special Announcements & Offers
The on-sale date for single tickets for the 2020–21 season will be announced soon.
Young Friends may select and purchase some of the best seats in the house and receive special ticket savings! Ticket prices are $10 for family concerts, $35 for classical concerts and $45 for select special presentations.
- Most concerts are included in this promotion. There may be select performances and sections of the hall excluded.
- A limit of two tickets per concert per membership may be purchased under the NJSO Young Friends price for classical and special presentation concerts. Family concerts have no ticket limit.
- Any section of the house with a lower ticket price than the Young Friends price will remain available to you at that lower price.
- Once you are a registered member, tickets may be purchased online within two business days or by calling Patron Services at 1.800.ALLEGRO (255.3476).
- Gala events and other select events are not eligible for the Young Friends discount.
- Concerts may lose their eligibility for discounts at the discretion of the NJSO. Retroactive requests for discounted tickets after this determination will not be honored.
Restrictions & Additional Details
- To be eligible for NJSO Young Friends, you must be between the ages of 21 and 40 at the start of the 2020–21 season.
- Once a Young Friends member, you are permitted to stay in the program until age 45.
- No registrations will be accepted at the box office or over the phone.
- The NJSO reserves the right to check your ID to verify eligibility for this program.
- Patrons with suspicious ticket-purchasing activity may be removed from the program and have their ticket purchases canceled and money refunded. This is at the discretion of the NJSO.
- Seating sections of particular concerts may lose their eligibility for the discount at the discretion of the NJSO.
- Concerts may be removed from the program at the discretion of the NJSO.
- Retroactive requests to honor the Young Friends price for either previous ticket purchases or for non-eligible concerts will not be honored.
Support for the NJSO Young Friends program is generously provided in part by the F.M. Kirby Foundation.
Virtual Concert & Festival—Celebrate the year of the Ox with the NJSO!
Virtual Festival & Concert
Virtual festival videos released daily, including performances and cooking demonstrations.
Feb 6 at 7:30 pm
Lunar New Year Celebration virtual concert premiere.
An NJSO tradition continues with the third annual Lunar New Year Celebration! The Peking University Alumni Chorus and Starry Arts Group Children’s Chorus return for this joyous virtual concert. A weeklong virtual festival leading up to this concert will highlight community performers and cultural groups, traditional performances, cooking demonstrations and more.
Music Director Xian Zhang’s program includes Eastern traditional favorites such as the Spring Festival Overture, “Purple Bamboo Tune,” “Fisherman’s Song at Eventide” and “Gong Xi Gong Xi,” united with Western classical favorites such as Tchaikovsky’s Andante cantabile for Cello and Orchestra and Piazzolla’s Libertango. During the concert premiere, hear from the artists as they provide live text commentary on the performances.
XIAN ZHANG conductor
Soloists, performers and program details to be announced.
Become a VIP Supporter for Special Access
Pre-Concert Virtual VIP Event
Join us! Event sponsors and VIP Supporters of $100 or more will be invited to an exclusive event with Xian Zhang and special guests, and will receive recognition in the videos and event materials. Net proceeds from our Lunar New Year Celebration will support the artistic vision of Music Director Xian Zhang.
Questions on sponsorships or VIP support? Contact Renee Pachucki at [email protected] or 862.800.5848.
Special Concert—See it on the big screen as the NJSO plays the score live.
Thirty years after the defeat of the Empire, Luke Skywalker has vanished, and a new threat has risen: The First Order, led by the mysterious Supreme Leader Snoke and his enforcer, Kylo Ren. General Leia Organa’s military force, the Resistance—and unlikely heroes brought together by fate—are the galaxy’s only hope. Experience the complete film with the NJSO performing John Williams’ thrilling score live.