2018 WINTER FESTIVAL
America has always been a place of monumental inspiration, feeding the ideals of people from all over the world. This season’s Winter Festival celebrates artists who found creative inventiveness within this great nation, featuring works from Britten, Ravel, Korngold and more. The Festival closes with the treasured symphony that embodies America’s embrace of creativity, Dvořák’s “New World.”
Leveraging the power of art to transcend differences, a series of NJSO Accents and special Winter Festival events explore, through multiple art forms, the immigrant experience and how foreign artists have illustrated American inspiration in their work.
NJSO Winter Festival pass
Get the most from the Winter Festival with a Festival Pass! For just $150 you get all this with your Festival pass:
- A prime seat for any—or all—of the nine Festival concerts listed below
- A ticket to the chamber music concert on Jan 25
- Complimentary entry to either wine tasting
- A reserved front-row seat for all Festival Accent events
Present the pass at the venue box office starting one hour before the concert. We'll give you the best available seat at that time. ID verification may be required.
2018 Winter Festival Concerts
2017–18 Season Winter Festival
Join the NJSO Chamber Players for an intimate deep-dive into the diverse world of immigrant and refugee composers. From the evocative colors of Tan Dun to the rhythmic and folk-oriented drive of Bartók to the glorious melodies of Dvořák’s “American” Quartet, hear how America has inspired masterpieces for the string quartet.
- TAN DUN Eight Colors for String Quartet
- BARTÓK String Quartet No. 2
- DVOŘÁK String Quartet No. 12 in F Major, Op. 96, “American”