Principal Clarinet Audition
Deadline to Apply: On or before October 25, 2021
- Preliminary Round: Saturday, December 11, 2021 (potential date for local residents) and Sunday, December 12, 2021
- Semi-Final Round: Monday, December 13, 2021
- Final Round: Tuesday, December 14, 2021
Should a Super Final Trail Week with the New Jersey Symphony be necessary, Super Final Candidates must be available for for one of the following program weeks:
Thursday, January 20, 2021 – Sunday, January 23, 2021
Wednesday, March 2, 2021 – Sunday, March 6, 2021
Tuesday, March 8, 2021 – Sunday, March 13, 2021
Tuesday, March 29, 2021 – Sunday, April 3, 2021
ALL ROUNDS WILL BE HELD AT NJPAC IN NEWARK, NJ
Dates of Employment
Employment will begin as soon as the winner’s availability and the New Jersey Symphony schedule allow.
Applicants must submit two versions of your resumé as detailed below. Please submit both versions in one email, sent to: email@example.com
- A one-page resumé which includes your contact info (name, email address, physical address and phone number), as well as relevant work experience and education, including date.
- A second version of your resumé with your name, email address, physical address and phone number removed. This redacted version is given to the Audition Committee for screening purposes.
Audition Listing and Excerpt Packet Download
Please Note the Following:
- Audition invitations are sent by email, typically within ten days of the resumé deadline. Once invitations are sent, a $100 refundable deposit check will be required to reserve an audition, details to follow.
- Candidates must show a photo ID upon check-in at the audition.
- Please await confirmation of your audition before making travel plans.
- All audition rounds will be held behind a screen.
- The Audition Committee reserves the right to dismiss immediately any candidate not meeting the highest professional standards at these auditions.
- Clean copies of music will be provided on stage.
Musician audition candidates must comply with all current New Jersey Symphony Safety Protocols, which are subject to change before the audition. Updates will be sent to all candidates as they occur. Note that the protocol requires all audition candidates to be confirmed to be fully vaccinated. All audition candidates may be required to wear a mask that covers both nose and mouth for the duration of a candidate’s time in our facilities. Candidates may unmask for the playing of the audition. Please do not send proof of vaccination until requested by the New Jersey Symphony.
- New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC): 1 Center St, Newark, NJ 07102
- A list of recommended hotels will be sent by email along with your scheduled audition time and date.
- If you are flying into Newark, the closest airport is Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR).
Questions about the application may be sent to Adria Benjamin, Orchestra Personnel Manager: