The New Jersey Symphony is proud to provide practical experience in arts management to high-school students, college students and recent graduates through our internship opportunities.
Interns are an essential part of our work to enrich lives and remain committed to communities across the state. All internships are part-time and unpaid with flexible hours. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis for the fall, spring and summer terms.
The New Jersey Symphony celebrates the cultural vibrancy of our communities and builds meaningful relationships that elevate and strengthen them. We seek to create a culture of inclusion and a work environment that values hard work, professionalism and creativity. We are committed to diversity and equal opportunity in our recruitment and hiring. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are welcome to apply for open positions.
There are no open internship positions at this time. Please check back for available opportunities soon.
Benefits and Expectations
Interns will receive:
- The opportunity to get college credit, depending on the requirements of your school.
- Complimentary tickets to concerts.
- Travel reimbursement (some restrictions apply).
- Access to Subscriber Benefits, including discounts at select restaurants, museums and arts centers near the New Jersey Symphony’s concert venues, for the duration of the internship.
- Networking opportunities.
- Career guidance.
- Opportunities to shadow other departments over the course of the internship, if desired.
Successful applicants will demonstrate:
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- An ability to interact positively with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- An ability to learn new technology quickly.
- A sincere desire to make classical music accessible to new and diverse audiences.
- That they are pursuing or recently have completed a degree in a relevant field, arts management or an equivalent degree and/or experience.
Please view individual internship descriptions for desired skills that are specific to each position.
How to Apply
Please email (preferred), fax or mail a cover letter and resume to the attention of the contact listed on the internship description. Cover letters should outline career goals, how this internship fits within those goals, experience in arts management and availability.
If applying by email, please reference the name of the internship in the subject line. Mailed and faxed applications should be sent to:
New Jersey Symphony
60 Park Place, Suite 900
Newark, NJ 07102
- No phone calls, please.