Nothing can rival Italian opera for the sheer joy of overflowing melody. Revel in selections of vocal and instrumental favorites from Rigoletto, La traviata and other jewels of the repertoire. Mendelssohn’s brilliant Fourth Symphony personifies the exuberant spirit of Italy.
MARCELO LEHNINGER conductor (pictured)
JOANNA MONGIARDO soprano
NEW JERSEY SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
- ROSSINI The Italian Girl in Algiers Overture
- VERDI “Caro nome” from Rigoletto
- VERDI “E strano” and “Ah, fors’è lui” from La traviata
- PUCCINI Chrysanthemums
- BELLINI “Ah! non credea mirarti” from La Sonnambula
- DONIZETTI “O luce di quest’anima” from Linda di Chamounix
- MENDELSSOHN Symphony No. 4, “Italian”
The March 9 performance is sponsored by The Horizon Foundation for New Jersey.