Winds in the Garden
New Jersey Symphony Special Presentation with The Newark Museum of Art
- Wed, July 13 7:00 pm The Newark Museum of Art
Robert Wagner bassoon and curator
New Jersey Symphony Chamber Players
Wind music has entertained audiences for centuries. In Imperial Vienna, guests at most festive outdoor gatherings expected to be serenaded by groups of wind players, a tradition that gave us magnificent wind chamber music.
The evening includes a Mozart masterpiece and music of Hummel and Gounod, alongside wind music of the 20th and 21st century chosen especially for the garden courtyard of the Newark Museum of Art.
Hummel Allegro con spirito from Octet Partita in E-flat Major
Mozart Serenade No. 12 for Winds in C Minor
Amanda Harberg Hall of Ghosts
Schultz Divertimento for Wind Octet
Stacy Garrop Bohemian Café
Gounod Petite Symphonie
Food and drinks will be available for purchase, courtesy of Sterling Affairs and Urban Vegan Kitchen.
This event takes place outdoors in The Newark Museum of Art’s Alice Ransom Dreyfuss Memorial Garden.
NMOA Summer Series is a partnership between The Newark Museum of Art & New Jersey Symphony.
- The Museum no longer requires proof of vaccination, negative COVID-19 tests, or temperature screenings.
- Enter event through the Alice Ransom Dreyfuss Memorial Garden gate, located next to the Museum parking lot. Doors open at 6:15 pm. Show your digital or printed ticket to our Visitor Experience Assistant.
- Accessible restrooms are available inside the Museum through the South Wing entrance.
- No refunds or exchanges unless the event is canceled or postponed.
- In case of inclement weather, the event will be rescheduled to July 21.
Parking is available next to the Museum for a $10 fee, with entrances located on Washington Street and Central Avenue.
Programs and artists are subject to change.