Explosive. Exquisite. Extraordinary.
Welcoming Xian Zhang, the NJSO’s new Music Director!
Expect excellence in every program, from the thrills of Saint-Saëns’ “Organ” Symphony to the sensual tension of Ravel’s Boléro. Each concert promises to be a most extraordinary experience!
- Xian’s first appearance as Music Director in October features a trio of thrilling Tchaikovsky favorites, while the season finale pairs her with Yefim Bronfman in Brahms’ grand Second Piano Concerto. Learn more about Xian.
- For its annual Winter Festival, the NJSO welcomes Pinchas Zukerman as Artistic Director, soloist and conductor in gems from the repertoire that are sure to delight. Learn more about the Winter Festival.
- From music of the Baroque era to modern classics, hear absolute favorites on every concert: Beethoven’s Violin Concerto, Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony, Rachmaninoff’s Second Piano Concerto, Elgar’s Enigma Variations, Shostakovich’s Fifth Symphony and much, much more.
- A sensational Pops series that includes the music of Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Bugs Bunny at the Symphony on the big screen with the NJSO live!
It’s a season that excels in every note and every gesture.
Browse the series options below to learn more about the sensational programs in the 2016–17 season,
or click here to view a chronological list of concerts.
An exceptional season of music!
I think it’s important to make a personal connection with the audience. The excitement of being in the live performance … nothing else is like that … and you wouldn’t experience it unless you were there, at that moment.
—Xian Zhang, NJSO Music Director
If you are reading this page on a mobile device, please note that some of the links below are not mobile compatible. We apologize for any inconvenience.
New Jersey Performing Arts Center in Newark
NJPAC in Newark really does have it all—a warm, inviting atmosphere, convenient on-site dining and parking options, spacious lobby areas and superb acoustics for orchestral concerts.
State Theatre New Jersey in New Brunswick
There’s plenty to love at State Theatre in New Brunswick, located in the heart of the New Brunswick arts district.
Sun afternoons – Pops concerts (pick 3 or more)
Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank
Enjoy the NJSO in the ornate surroundings of the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank, which is conveniently located near great restaurants and free parking.
Richardson Auditorium in Princeton
Prefer your concerts at Richardson Auditorium in Princeton? The music envelops you in this intimate space, located on the Princeton University campus, directly across from Palmer Square.
Classical Series: Fri evenings
Mayo Performing Arts Center in Morristown
Fans attending Sunday afternoon performances at Mayo Performing Arts Center in Morristown can relax in the newly renovated lobby space.
Classical Series: Sun afternoons
bergenPAC in Englewood
Make an evening of it at bergenPAC in Englewood—grab a bite at one of the many eateries in the area, or plan drinks after these four Thursday-night concerts.
Classical Series: Thu evenings
- See all 2016-17 Season Events
- Compose Your Own Series
- Renew Online Today