How to Watch
Move the NJSO from your phone or computer screen and speakers to your home theater or TV!
Take some time to set up your home theater or TV system so you can watch NJSO virtual events on a large screen with even better audio quality.
What technology will I need to access these NJSO digital programs?
All you need is an internet connection and a computer or mobile device!
Where can I find these programs?
Do I need an account to see these digital programs?
Can I view the concert on my TV instead of a laptop, tablet, computer or phone? See options to stream to your TV.
- Ensure that the YouTube App is installed on your TV or streaming device. This is a free app and can be added through your smart TV or streaming device’s app store.
- Once the YouTube app is installed on your TV or streaming device, open the app and sign in to your YouTube account. Create a new YouTube account if you don’t already have one.
- After creating an account, search for "New Jersey Symphony Orchestra channel" in YouTube. On most devices this can be done through a voice search.
- Open the New Jersey Symphony Orchestra channel and subscribe to it so you will receive notifications of future videos.
If you have a mobile device (iPhone, Android phone or tablet), you can choose to stream the video from your phone to your smart TV or streaming device*:
- Follow the instructions above for downloading the YouTube app to your smart TV or streaming device.
- While near your TV, open the YouTube link on your smartphone or mobile device.
- When YouTube has loaded, tap the screen; then tap the rectangular box that appears in the top right corner.
- Select your TV from the device list that appears. The YouTube screen should now display on your TV!
*The mobile device needs to be connected to the same WiFi network as your smart TV or streaming device.
Can I view the concert on my TV if I do not have a smart TV or streaming device?
Yes! Follow these steps:
- Open the YouTube link on your laptop, desktop or other HDMI-compatible mobile device.
- Connect your device to your TV using an HDMI cable.
- Once connected via cable, select the appropriate source location on your TV. The YouTube screen should now display on your TV!
Read YouTube’s help articles for information about streaming to different devices.
What if I’m having trouble viewing digital programming?
Here are a few suggestions for troubleshooting some issues.
The video is cutting out or freezing.
Some easy fixes to try: restart your computer or open/close the app on your phone, try using the link on a new internet browser or device, close any other open programs or applications, check your internet speed, clear your browser history, and/or restart your router.
The audio is not synced with the video.
Refreshing your internet browser or YouTube app often fixes this issue. Read this YouTube help article for more options.
It’s after the concert’s start time, but it looks like the performance hasn’t begun.
If it’s a little after the concert’s start time and you don’t see the video playing yet, you can always hit “refresh” on your internet browser, or close and reopen the app, to make sure.
My internet cut out during the concert.
If your internet cuts out and comes back on, you should be able to refresh your YouTube link and begin watching again.
Still having trouble? Contact email@example.com or call 1.800.ALLEGRO (255.3476) and leave a phone message so we can follow up with you. We are here to help!