Bass & Flute Extravaganza
New Jersey Symphony Special Presentation with The Newark Museum of Art
- Wed, Aug 17 7:00 pm The Newark Museum of Art
Ha Young Jung bass and curator
New Jersey Symphony Chamber Players
New Jersey Symphony Principal Bass Ha Young Jung has crafted a chamber music program starring the bass and flute! The concert features modern and contemporary sounds from composers Dorothy Rudd Moore, Morton Gould and Valerie Coleman, with classic favorites from Bach, Rossini and Schulhoff.
Join us in The Newark Museum of Art’s Alice Ransom Dreyfuss Memorial Garden to enjoy the sounds of the New Jersey Symphony Chamber players in a perfect summertime setting.
Dorothy Rudd Moore TRANSCENSION (“I have been to the mountaintop”)
Bach Selection from Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major, BWV 1007
Gould Benny’s Gig
Rossini Selections from Six String Sonatas
Schulhoff Concertino for Flute, Viola and Double Bass
Valerie Coleman Maombi Asante
Food and drinks will be available for purchase, courtesy of Sterling Affairs and Urban Vegan Kitchen.
This event takes place outdoors in The Newark Museum of Art’s Alice Ransom Dreyfuss Memorial Garden.
NMOA Summer Series is a partnership between The Newark Museum of Art & New Jersey Symphony.
- The Museum no longer requires proof of vaccination, negative COVID-19 tests, or temperature screenings.
- Enter event through the Alice Ransom Dreyfuss Memorial Garden gate, located next to the Museum parking lot. Doors open at 6:15 pm. Show your digital or printed ticket to our Visitor Experience Assistant.
- Accessible restrooms are available inside the Museum through the South Wing entrance.
- No refunds or exchanges unless the event is canceled or postponed.
- In case of inclement weather, the event will be rescheduled to August 23.
Parking is available next to the Museum for a $10 fee, with entrances located on Washington Street and Central Avenue.
Programs and artists are subject to change.